In Case of Emergency
See below for a list of emergency numbers
If you have a power cut call:
Not an Emergency?
Can you smell gas or think you might have a gas leak?
- Open all doors and windows to let the gas escape.
- Check all your gas appliances are switched off.
- Call the 24-hour national gas emergency hotline on 0800 111 999.
- Do not turn light switches on or off, use doorbells, mobile phones or any other electrical switches.
- Do not smoke, light a match or use any other kind of naked flame.
If you are worried that fumes containing carbon monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance, then call the 24-hour national gas emergency hotline on 0800 111 999.
Local network operators are responsible for looking after the cables we use to supply your electricity. To report a power cut or a dangerous situation you will need to contact the operator for your area – you can find their number on your statement. However, before phoning them it’s worth checking a few things:
- Check your trip switch to make sure you don’t have a fault with your wiring or an appliance.
- Check if your neighbours are affected – if they are its more than likely there is a problem with the local network and you will need to contact your network operator.
Call 105 or your local network operator on the number below.
Local Network Operators Emergency Telephone Numbers:
- East England – UK Power Networks:
- 0800 783 8838
- East Midlands – Western Power Distribution:
- 0800 056 8090
- London – UK Power Networks:
- 0800 028 0247
- North West England – Electricity North West:
- 0800 195 4141
- West Midlands – Western Power Distribution:
- 0800 328 1111
- Northern East England – Northern Powergrid:
- 0800 668 877
- North Wales, Merseyside & Cheshire – Scottish Power:
- 0800 001 5400
- North Scotland – S&S Energy:
- 0845 300 999
- South Scotland – Scottish Power:
- 0800 092 9290
- South East England – UK Power Networks:
- 0800 783 8866
- Souther England – S&S Energy:
- 0800 072 7282
- South Wales – Western Power Distribution:
- 0800 052 0400
- South West – Western Power Distribution:
- 0800 365 900
- Yorkshire – Northern Powergrid:
- 0800 375 675